Recently named one of Forbes 2015 "30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs", Ms. Reese Fernandez-Ruiz, will be our Special Guest for the upcoming "How She Does It" Dinner Event sharing the story of Rags2Riches, Inc.
R2R (Rags2Riches, Inc.) is a Fashion and Design House empowering community artisans in the Philippines. They create eco-ethical fashion and home accessories out of upcycled scrap cloth, organic materials and indigenous fabrics, and by working with artisans living in the poor communities across the country.
Among her many accolades, Reese is also a recipient of the following prestigious awards:
- Schwab Social Entrepreneur of the Year 2013
- World Economic Forum Young Global Leader 2012
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2011 by the World Entrepreneurship Forum
- Rolex Young Laureates Award Winner 2010
- Business in Development Philippines Award 2009
- Body Shop Foundation Award 2008